Have you ever wondered how Amazon delivers timely and reliably hundreds of millions of packages to customer’s doorsteps? Are you passionate about data and mathematics, and hope to impact the experience of millions of customers? Are you obsessed with designing simple algorithmic solutions to very challenging problems?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Amazon Transportation Services is seeking an Applied Scientist to be based in our London office!
As a key member of the Science and Tech Team of ATS operations, this person will be responsible for designing algorithmic solutions based on data and mathematics for optimizing the middle-mile Amazon Transportation Network. The successful applicant will ensure that our end-to-end strategies in terms of customer demand fulfillment, routing, consolidation locations, linehaul/airhaul/sea options and last-mile transportation are streamlined and optimized.
This critical role requires an aptitude for independent initiative and decision-making, the ability to drive innovation in Transportation modelling and optimization across Amazon’s expanding European network and linking into global initiatives and expansion strategies.
- Design and prototype algorithmic solutions for standardized processes.
- Lead complex time-bound, long-term as well as ad-hoc transportation modelling analyses to help management in decision making.
- Communicate to leadership results from business analysis, strategies and tactics (for senior candidates).
- Drive large-scale projects to scale and enhance Amazon’s EU transportation network (for senior candidates).
- Partner with the planning, linehaul/airhaul and sort center operations teams, while working closely with last-mile, supply chain, and global delivery departments for modeling and optimizing the transportation network of EU.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of building models for business application experience
- PhD, or Master’s degree and 4+ years of CS, CE, ML or related field experience
- Experience in patents or publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Experience in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
- Experience using Unix/Linux
- Experience in professional software development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (Amazon.jobs) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.