As a Decision Scientist within Best Buy’s Supply Chain Decision Science team, you’ll be instrumental in optimizing our supply chain distribution, transportation, and warehouse operations. Your insights and expertise as a decision scientist will support crucial enterprise initiatives, focusing on enhancing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness. Central to this role will be the creation of end-to-end transparency, ensuring visibility into inbound product flows across both our international and domestic supply chains. You will work on developing comprehensive solutions in partnership with business, technology, and operations leaders. Your contributions will be pivotal in shaping Best Buy’s vision for a Human-Centered, Data-Enabled, World Class Supply Chain.
Best Buy Digital and Technology teams are working in a hybrid work model. Most roles can predominantly work from home but the person who fills this role will must be within a commutable distance to Richfield, MN or Atlanta, GA.
- Data Analytics:
- Analyze complex data to identify optimization opportunities and support business decision-making.
- Evaluate various dataset types, understand their constraints, and determine their impact on dashboards and visual representations, ensuring clear interpretation of results for business stakeholders.
- Use statistical and modeling techniques to predict trends and interpret data.
- Develop prescriptive and predictive analytical models and solutions that support business decision making.
- Stakeholder Engagement & Collaboration:
- Engage in client scoping and delivery meetings to understand and develop solutions specific to needed business outcomes and impact.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to anticipate data requirements, drive project outcomes, and advance comprehensive business solutions.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation:
- Conduct market research, identifying new KPIs, and recommending modifications to existing processes and metrics.
- Provide insights into end-user adoption metrics and the benefits of new initiatives.
- Support evolution towards prescriptive and predictive analytics to further drive efficiencies and effectiveness in business operations.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, or similar field with quantitative rigor.
- 3+ years of experience in retail, supply chain, analytics, business, or related area.
- 2+ years of experience applying analytical techniques to answer business or scientific questions.
- 2+ years of experience with analytics, business intelligence and/or database knowledge and experience (using tools, applications and platforms including SQL).
- Ability to clearly present and articulate complex ideas.
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 2+ years of experience with Power BI or Tableau or other visualization tools.
- 1+ year(s) of experience analyzing data and building analytical models in Python, R, Alteryx or similar tool.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, Python, or R.
- 3+ years of experience with Power BI or Tableau or other visualization tools.
- 2+ years of experience with any ETL tools (i.e., Alteryx, Informatica, Data Fusion, etc.)
- Experience working in the supply chain domain.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) including Big Query.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Statistics, Analytics, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Business or Finance