Lead Product Manager - Network Optimization
DK - Copenhagen
Locations: Copenhagen, DK
Join the Service Delivery Platform as we continue the digital transformation of how we deliver service to our customers in support of Maersk’s vision to be the Global Integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying customers’ supply chains. You’ll play a vital part as a Lead Product Manager of the Network Design Platform, with a focus on automation and optimization.
At Maersk, we are committed to an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade. It brings the chance to have a major impact on the world economy, but also, on your career development. With significant personal responsibility, you will improve your knowledge of how technology supports the transport and logistics business and build your product owner skills as well as business acumen.
As a Lead Product Owner you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap to build and enhance the tools used to operate our business and ensure our customers shipments are deliver on time. This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with engineering, business development, operations, and other product teams within the company to bring new capabilities and features to market and launch improve our operation and deliver on our customer promises. The scope of our products is global – we’re looking for a Lead Product Manager who has built products that scale globally.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies, business models and capabilities into high quality, simple products that customers love.
- Define the vision for a set of products/tools for optimal vessel network design and planning.
- Build a roadmap of features to get to that vision.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories to create product specifications.
- Contribute to engineering and data science discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to the product/application.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business needs, technical limitations, performance, and operational constraints.
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders.
What you bring
- Operations Research and/or Data Science background, with hands-on-the-wheel experience applying advanced optimization models to solve business problems.
- Experienced product manager, capable of managing complex roadmaps and working in collaboration with tech, science, UX, business and functional leaders.
- Passionate about using technology to improve business outcomes for our customers.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to evaluate hypotheses and assumptions to drive decision making.
- A natural interest in technology, standardization, automation, and optimization of processes.
- Understanding user needs and insights with an ability to translate these to digital journeys and user stories, specifically to reduce manual tasks.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and drive alignment on the product direction.
- Ability to stay motivated in a fast-moving environment where priorities change and with a requirement to deliver results.
- Independent and self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning.
- Previous product management experience from a top tech firm
- Experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Hands-on experience working in Operations Research and/or Data Science
- Computer Science/Mathematics University/Graduate level studies
At Maersk, we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress
We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.