With nearly 200 million members in over 190 countries and a billion hours of streaming each month, Netflix is the world’s leading online entertainment company. Netflix continues to shape the future of entertainment by developing personalized ways for members to discover and enjoy a rapidly growing catalog of content and games. The Member-Product Data Science team is a high-profile area of the Product Data Science and Engineering team. It is at the forefront of the innovations that drive member engagement with Netflix via its algorithms-driven user interface.
We are looking for a seasoned data scientist with experience in algorithms-oriented user interfaces to drive innovation in how Netflix product appear to and interact with members, through a wide range of angles and tools, including:
- Lead the member facing experience of Netflix’s core product and form strong partnership with a broad set of product/engineering stakeholders to shape the strategy for analytics, data, inference, and algorithmic investments for years ahead
- Bridge UI and Algo innovation to identify and execute high value opportunities and ensure balanced & concerted efforts.
- Push the technical boundary of measurement strategy across experimentation, analytics, and modeling.
- Drive evolution in our approach for innovation through, testing strategy, tooling, workflow improvement, and more
- Lead future looking research to generate cohesive insights around member behavior that concretely drives product roadmap
- Outstanding problem framing, strategic thinking, and communication skills. You are adept at surfacing insights to a variety of stakeholders
- A broad technical background that spans in-production data products, experimentation, advanced metrics, and modeling(including Machine Learning). Demonstrated ability to take ideas from scratchpad to a working prototype to production
- Judgment to strike the right balance between long-term impact and short-term goals
- Fluency in data/software engineering skills to guide the vision for tooling/automation.
- Track record of tech-leading data science and engineering teams for successful launch and adoption of consumer-facing, algorithm-oriented product experiences
- Exceptional communication skills for influencing team and stakeholders at a strategic level
- Worked with product, design, and engineering leaders as an equal partner. Experience working with cross-functional teams such as executive leadership, design, product management, and engineering.
- Partnered with research scientists to translate cutting-edge technology into ideas for the future of a consumer product
- Enthusiasm for Netflix’s culture, which is an integral part of what makes us successful
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $300,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.