Imagine . With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving supply chain network, there has never been a greater need for people of high initiative, of big-picture thinking, and adaptability to share in our journey. At Ulta Beauty, we have greater ambitions . Growing what works. Iterating in areas that have promise. Creating new offerings for industry advantage.
In all of this is the opportunity to experience real impact, to effectuate change, to give wings to a spirit of creativity and entrepreneurism. Because the challenges are multi-faceted and ever-changing. But for those inspired by real-world demands that press and stretch, that call for new and smarter ideas, that require heavy doses of trust and respect, Ulta Beauty encourages you to imagine with us.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
As an Omnichannel Fulfillment Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in delivering possibilities in every direction by harnessing the power of data to optimize fulfillment across multiple channels. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop data strategies, conduct advanced analyses, and provide actionable recommendations that optimize omnichannel fulfillment. Your insights will drive strategic decisions, enhance operational efficiency, and empower us to exceed guest expectations.
You will do this by utilizing advanced modeling techniques and optimization algorithms to design and evaluate various omnichannel fulfillment scenarios, considering factors such as fulfillment costs, transportation costs, inventory, transit times, and demand patterns with the goal of delivering an excellent guest experience while balancing operating cost and efficiency.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operational Optimization
- Develop order sourcing models to determine when to source from different fulfillment nodes using different carriers to maximize bottom line while protecting the guest experience.
- Analyze allocations and order flows to recommend potential changes to sourcing logic to achieve expected business results.
- Utilize software that has the capability to simulate scenarios to optimize use of the omnichannel fulfillment network.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within omnichannel fulfillment, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization.
- Data Analysis and Insights:
- Gather data and use appropriate analytical methods, mathematical models, and tools such as SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau to develop flexible, scalable fulfillment network models/what-if scenarios to understand, predict and improve omnichannel fulfillment, flows and processes.
- Work with internal partners to assess business needs and transform them into meaningful outcomes by selecting optimal analytic technique(s) depending on the nature of the business problem.
- Explain and present complex approaches in a concise manner to garner buy in from business partners.
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration and data audits.
- Performance Metrics and Monitoring
- Own the development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, models, analyses, and dashboards in connection with Omnichannel Fulfillment team.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and create reporting and metrics for Omnichannel Fulfillment
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to Omnichannel programs.
- Determine continuous improvement opportunities and support projects to allow the organization to make trade-off decisions quickly with data.
- Develop reporting tools, data sets, and visualizations to inform stakeholders on the Omnichannel business health.
The Essentials For Success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related discipline preferred (e.g. Supply Chain, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering)
- Experience in retail and eCommerce industries
- Experience with Supply Chain processes
- 3-5 years of professional experience in analytical functions
- Knowledge of OMS/DOM and exposure to retail domains with focus on Order Management and Fulfillment Optimization modules (e.g., IBM Sterling, Manhattan DOM, etc.)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g., Python, R) and related frameworks to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with SQL and related data access and analysis tools to mine data, identify insights, and extract features.
- Energetic and self-motivated with a strong sense of curiosity - must be extremely organized and detail oriented with an ability to make proactive recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to communicate complex ideas to various audiences in both a technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently by handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, prioritizing appropriately, and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
- Position is in Bolingbrook, IL
- Travel - Minimal ~ 10%
- Hybrid office work schedule
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful . Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.