Founded in 2000, Optym is building SaaS solutions for the transportation and logistics industry and making it more efficient. Optym’s software solutions are used by leading railroads, airlines and trucking companies, and have created a cumulative business value of over $1 billion for its clients. With its headquarters based in Dallas, Texas, and centers of excellence located in Europe and India, Optym’s team consists of 250+ professionals. Optym has about 50 highly specialized professionals in US and is expecting a major growth in the next five years. Optym is looking for brilliant, highly qualified and well-educated Operations Research Scientists to assist in building Optimization and AI/ML solutions for the transportation and logistics industry.
Optym offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a great working environment, and the culture of entrepreneurship and ownership. Optym offers a generous profit and equity sharing plan with the potential to increase your compensation substantially salary based on the success of Optym.
- Create optimization models for the business problems.
- Design algorithms and perform proof-of-concept studies.
- Work with the team for the accurate and efficient implementation of algorithms.
- Perform algorithmic performance analysis.
- Interact with client to understand business problems.
- Interact with end users to explain model behavior, model outputs, and calibration parameters.
- Design and document algorithms using MIP, Network Optimization and Discrete Optimization.
- Program algorithms using Python and other object-oriented programming languages.
Education & Experience:
- Masters/ Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related areas with strong academic and research track record.
- 1-7 Years of Hands-on experience with demonstrated ability to solve complex industrial problems in OR.
- Worked with modeling and simulation applications, with knowledge of agent-based, discrete-event methods & experimental design.
- Must have a strong proficiency in programming languages, preferably Python or C#.
- Excellent problem-solving, data analytics and communications skills.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Please send your resume along with the cover letter to: Sudarshan.firstname.lastname@example.org.